Although it now seems like an eternity, the baby was born on 8 August 1996! At that time we thought that he was rather large - at almost 9 pounds and 57cm long. However, he has never stopped growing....
As you would've guessed, the Baby is a boy.
Baby scored 9/10 (an HD) on its Apgar test - a good initial sign.
You might want to stay tuned because a further birth is scheduled for September 1998. There should be some interesting things happening in Baby's email list (for more details see below).
Now to the name:
Elliot Samuel Latham
For many months before Elliot's birth a call was made over the internet to the world for suggested baby names:
Here is a complete list of the suggested names
The baby has spoken! But, at least on-line you can turn him off -
Baby Elliot also runs his own humorous monthly email list with well over 100 people on the list. You'll see copies of the email and how to join this elite list below.
The baby also likes to listen to music:
(Sorry about the size and low volume of the above files - compression/recording software is on the agenda!)
There is also some non-daddy listening creeping in:
- the guys actually gave this site a "Great homepage!" rating.
The big fat Baby Elliot himself:
The many moods of Master Elliot:
A family portrait (excising dogs):
Other photos include:
- Elliot against a fence (2 years)
- Elliot doing a chicken run from his mother (2 years)
- Felix with his Godmother (6 weeks)
- Elliot with Godmother (30 years)
- Elliot with cousin Hadley (2 years each)
As I've noted above, Baby Elliot maintains a now sizeable email list. He reports all the goings on and his thoughts in the list - it's usually rather funny seeing the world through Elliot's somewhat disoriented eyes.
Past mailouts are:
- The Birth - 13 August 1996 (the only non-Elliot email - Elliot was recovering!)
- Baby stuff - 21 August 1996
- More baby stuff - 11 September 1996
- More about me! - 13 November 1996
- Me again - 7 February 1997
- NEWSFLASH - 6 March 1997
- Lotsa teeth - 20 March 1997
- Me, me, me! - 9 May 1997
- Baby matters - 2 June 1997
- I can stand - 27 June 1997
- Almost 1 - 7 August 1997
- Crass spammer - 19 August 1997
- Nothing much - 23 September 1997
- Too much - 2 October 1997
- Walkingboy - 28 October 1997
- Daddy's nerves - 4 December 1997
- Christmas message - 17 December 1997
- Back to work - 27 January 1998
- The dogs and me - 26 February 1998
- Baby talk - 30 March 1998
- Unsolicited email - 20 April 1998
- Proper update of all things baby - 11 May 1998
- Matters me - 19 June 1998
- Life's whirlygig - 27 July 1998
- Another month - 26 August 1998
- Felix Emmett - 30 September 1998
- Hello again! - 5 November 1998
- Christmas salutations - 14 December 1998
- The holidays.... - 1 February 1999
- It's been too long.... - 25 March 1999
- Just me again! (Part I)- 15 April 1999
- Just me again! (Part II) - 15 April 1999
- Well, that's just dandy! - 1 June 1999
- Spam, glorious spam! - 17 June 1999
- All grown up - 4 August 1999
- The two became one.... - 31 August 1999
- My special skill - 19 October 1999
- King of the mound - 16 November 1999
- !pu deniahc em dah ev'yeht - pleh - 29 February 2000
- May the force be with you, And also with you - 12 April 2000
If you'd like to have continuing participation in the blossoming of Baby Latham, please mail me at email@example.com. I'll then put you on the "What's baby up to now?" mailing list.
If you have baby hints etc., feel free to post them to the Named that Baby Bulletin Board.
If you've made it this far, you deserve my special treat - I call it my parental capability tester:
All you have to do is see if you can get my attention without making me cry!
Return to: The Marvellous World of King Craig